What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site features such as age verification and other email required pop-ups.
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails. If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, register on the site, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site features such as age verification and other email required pop-ups, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the "How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?" section below. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "cookies"?
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Ammunition Depot, its parents, subsidiaries, sister, or affiliated companies. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us?
To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the Preference Center. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
This policy was last modified on November 14th, 2018
If You Are a Resident Of California
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS (SHINE THE LIGHT ACT)
You can exercise your California privacy rights under the Shine the Light Act if you reside in California. As a California resident, you have the right to request information from us about how we share specific categories of your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Under California law, existing customers can submit a request to us once per calendar year at our designated address to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year.
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received such information.
- Examples of the products or services marketed by third parties if the nature of their business cannot be reasonably determined from their name.
You will receive a standardized format of this information, which is optional. If you have any inquiries or requests, please get in touch with us at our designated email address.
If You Are a Resident Of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, or Virginia
Suppose you reside in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, or Virginia. In that case, specific provisions may apply to how we process your personal information, as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018/ Privacy Rights Act, the Colorado Privacy Act, the Connecticut Personal Data Privacy Act, the Utah Consumer Privacy Act, and the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (collectively referred to as the "Privacy Laws").
Please note that Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia define a 'Consumer' as a state resident acting in an individual or household capacity. This definition does not apply to state residents who interact with us in an employment or commercial capacity, such as current, former, or prospective employees or entities communicating with us in that context. If you fall under this category, the rights described below do not apply to you under the Privacy Laws of these states.
However, if you are a California resident, the term 'Consumer' includes any state resident, regardless of their capacity to interact with us.
For Consumers, the provisions of this section supersede any conflicting requirements in this Privacy Statement. We have adopted this section of our Privacy Statement to comply with the Privacy Laws, and any terms defined in the Privacy Laws have the meaning outlined in the law of your state of residence when used in this section.
INFO COLLECTED, SOURCES, AND BUSINESS PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION
We collect various categories of personal information from website visitors, registered users, employees, vendors, suppliers, and others who interact with us online or offline. The types of information we collect may differ depending on the individual, such as applicants for employment, vendors, or customers.
The table below outlines the categories of personal information we collect, whether we have collected such information in the past 12 months, the sources of such information, and the business purposes for which we collect and use this information. Please note that not all information is collected about all individuals.
We collect various categories of personal information from individuals who interact with us online or offline, including website visitors, registered users, employees, vendors, and suppliers. The types of information we collect may differ depending on the individual and the context in which they interact with us.
We collect and process personal information for several business purposes, including performing services for you, customizing advertising, auditing transactions and conducting internal research and development, detecting and protecting against security threats, ensuring quality control, and complying with legal obligations. We may also process sensitive personal information for specific purposes, such as complying with anti-discrimination and disability accommodation laws.
From time to time, we may disclose personal information to service providers, affiliated companies, strategic partners, professional advisers, and regulatory or law enforcement authorities, as required by law.
Please note that we only use and process sensitive personal information collected from individuals for the purpose it was initially collected unless required by law to do otherwise. We ensure the security and confidentiality of all personal data collected, processed, and disclosed by us.
As described above, we may disclose your personal information to service providers and other third parties for legitimate business purposes. When we share consumer personal information with a third party, we enter into a contract that outlines the purpose of the disclosure and requires the recipient to maintain the confidentiality of the personal data and use it solely for the intended purpose.
Over the past 12 months, we may have disclosed specific categories of consumer personal information to service providers, affiliated companies, strategically aligned businesses, professional advisers, and regulatory or law enforcement authorities as required by law. Please note that not all information is disclosed to these parties, and any photographs posted by site users are available to the public.
We do not sell the personal information of consumers whom we know to be under sixteen (16) years old. We do not sell personal information for monetary compensation. However, we may transfer consumer information to third-party service providers for services such as advertising, data analysis and analytics, and security, which may be considered a "sale" under some privacy laws.
Please note that opting out of having your information sold is possible. See below for more details.
In the past 12 months, we may have disclosed specific categories of information for a business purpose that falls within the definition of a 'sale' under some privacy laws.
Sharing consumer personal information involves providing it to a third party to enable them to display targeted or cross-context behavioral advertisements to you. Cross-context behavioral or targeted advertising consists in displaying advertisements to you based on personal information that we have gathered or inferred over time from consumers' activities across other websites, applications, or online services used to anticipate consumers' preferences or interests.
Note that targeted advertising does not involve using consumers' interactions with us or the information they provide to select advertisements to display. Over the past 12 months, we have shared specific categories of non-minor personal information for behavioral, cross-context, or targeted advertising purposes.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will store your personal information in a form that permits us to identify you for as long as necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is processed. We retain the information you provide in connection with requests made under the Privacy Laws for two years. We may retain and use such personal information as required to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically feasible to remove it.
CONSUMER RIGHTS AND CHOICES The Privacy Laws provide Consumers in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia with specific rights regarding their personal information.
This section describes your rights under the Privacy Laws, explains how to exercise those rights, and provides information about the response timing and format and your rights to appeal our decisions.
(A) Access to Information and Data Portability Rights You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our information collection and disclosure practices. You also have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you. Once we receive and confirm a verifiable request from you, we will disclose the following:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you, the sources of the information, our business or commercial purpose for collecting the data, and whether the information was disclosed for a business purpose, shared or sold.
- The categories of information we disclosed for a business purpose, the types of information we sold or shared during the prior 12 months, and the categories of recipients of such information.
- The personal information we collected about you during the prior 12 months or, at your option, since January 1, 2022. Please note that this disclosure will not include data generated to help ensure security and integrity or as prescribed by regulation. We will endeavor to provide the information in a readily useable format, including by mailing you a paper copy or delivering an electronic copy to your registered account if you have written with us.
(B) Deletion Request Rights You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the data is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such actions and help ensure security and integrity to the extent that your personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate for those purposes.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research that conforms or adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s ability to complete such research if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us and compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with
Updates To This Statement
We encourage you to review this page regularly to stay informed about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information. We may update this Statement occasionally to reflect changes in our privacy practices. Suppose we make material changes to this Statement. In that case, we will notify you by prominently posting a notice on our website or emailing you at your provided email address.
Contacting Ammunition Depot
For further information, questions, or concerns, please:
Please email us at: [email protected], and include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and a note of instruction; or
Call us toll-free at 1-800-518-9180 or write to us at:
Attention Customer Service Privacy Director
7000 W Palmetto Park Rd. Suite 409
Boca Raton, FL 33433
- Submit required ID or FFL: [email protected]
- Modify your order: [email protected]
- Cancel your order: [email protected]
- Having issues with an order: [email protected]
- Needing to return an order: [email protected]
- All other questions: [email protected]
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.